2016/07/5 – Pug Pharm Productions, experts in using gameplay design to make fans titter with delight, has just crunched the numbers on the second season metrics for the Victoria Royals hockey club’s True Blue Challenge fan engagement activity.
This sequel to the original fan contest was chock full of refinements, improvements, and hidden secrets. Fans participated by playing a fun, interactive contesting activity available on mobile and online. They closely followed broadcast and social media to discover clues and earn special loyalty code words that granted them chances to play a fun contesting activity. Players then selected random “digital cards” items to build up collections of colourful and interesting themed virtual items to win great prizes.
And boy, talking about a winning record! A small sample of the astonishing metrics:
- Repeat participation: 74% of active community
- Deep engagement: over 20% participated more than 50 times
- Increased audience reach: Facebook +79%, Twitter +85%, broadcast +206%
- Average # fan on-site interations: 209 throughout the season
- Seasons-over-season return: 28%
- Female demographic participation: 56% (+19%)
Supporting the program is Pug Pharm’s award-winning Picnic™ Engine, a loyalty activity platform built over the past 6+ years by a team of veteran game designers, web technology experts, software-as-a-service product managers, and a resounding chorus of tree frogs.